Tha Bakery, LLC, a new music production and promotion agency in Utica, NY has announced its official launch. The startup, led by co-founders Eric Armitage and Jack Redmond, aims to support and legitimize local hip-hop, rap, and R&B artists through professional sound, photo and video work.
While most other local music production companies take on rock, country or other full band set-ups, Tha Bakery seeks to accommodate for the increased popularity of local hip-hop and R&B music.
“With the rise of sites like Spotify, SoundCloud and YouTube, there’s a growing demand for hip-hip, rap and R&B artists to want professional material created to better showcase their portfolio of work,” said Eric Armitage, co-founder and audio engineer. “Our goal is to be a one-stop-shop for artists throughout Central NY and the surrounding areas. You bring the talent. We’ll take care of the rest.”
Tha Bakery offers a suite of services including:
- Audio engineering, including vocal recording, mixing and mastering.
- Photography and video for headshots and social media material.
- Music marketing to help promote the artist.
- Graphic design and illustration for logos, album art and merchandising.
- Beat production for artists who need to purchase royalty free backgrounds.
- Live sound for local or regional equipment rental, delivery and on-site management.
“We live in a world where the web is a very cluttered place,” said Jack Redmond, co-founder and creative director. “It’s very difficult for local musicians to stand out from the crowd without having a professional sound or image. From recording to performing, and all that falls in between, artists can find the services they need to take their careers to the next level.”
In addition to hip-hop, rap and R&B, Tha Bakery also takes on pop, acoustic and other solo acts. Merchandise for Tha Bakery brand and all of its artists can be found within its online shop. For more information, visit thabakerymusic.com.